I recently found this on Facebook. It’s got some very important truths and applications we can make in our lives. I’ve taken the liberty to add some Biblical applications to each of the points.
A pencil maker told the pencil 5 important lessons just before putting it in the box:
- Everything you do you will always leave a mark. (Jesus said that we’re to bear fruit, much fruit, and
- You can always correct the mistakes you make. (Honesty with our own hearts and the gift of
repentance are of such importance).
- What is important is what is inside of you. (Greater is he who is IN us that he who is in the world.
We have this treasure in earthen vessels).
- In life, you will undergo painful sharpening which will only make you better. (Jesus said Every
branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit).
- To be the best pencil, you must allow yourself to be held and guided by the hand that holds you.
(Jesus said concerning the Holy Spirit, When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you
into all truth . . .).
We all need to be constantly sharpened. You are a special person, with unique talents and abilities. Only you can fulfill the purpose which you were born to accomplish. Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot be changed. Like the pencil, always remember that the most important part of who you are, is what’s inside of you…act accordingly.